- June 2015 (4 items)
- May 2015 (6 items)
- April 2015 (7 items)
- March 2015 (13 items)
- February 2015 (6 items)
- January 2015 (19 items)
- December 2014 (12 items)
- November 2014 (13 items)
- October 2014 (12 items)
- September 2014 (9 items)
- August 2014 (5 items)
- July 2014 (4 items)
- June 2014 (8 items)
- May 2014 (8 items)
- April 2014 (6 items)
- March 2014 (19 items)
- February 2014 (14 items)
- January 2014 (12 items)
- December 2013 (7 items)
- November 2013 (10 items)
- October 2013 (12 items)
- September 2013 (4 items)
- August 2013 (6 items)
- July 2013 (7 items)
- June 2013 (7 items)
- May 2013 (13 items)
- April 2013 (15 items)
- March 2013 (16 items)
- February 2013 (9 items)
Forex Broker News
You can find and read the latest news and press releases from all of our partner brokers here.
Monday 6th of October 2014
The changes they've made are quite significant, hence the information below is split into separate account information panels:
1. Admiral.Markets Account - NEW
They took the Admiral.Pro account as a starting point and added a wide range of instruments desired by their traders to the initial offering, thereby making it their new flagship product that they are delighted to call their own name - the new Admiral.Markets account.
2. Contracts Available on Admiral.Markets Accounts
2.1 Currency Pairs
EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDCAD, USDJPY, USDCHF, AUDUSD, NZDUSD, AUDCAD, AUDCHF, AUDJPY, AUDNZD, CADCHF, CADJPY, CHFJPY, EURAUD, EURCAD, EURCHF, EURCZK, EURDKK, EURGBP, EURHKD, EURHUF, EURJPY, EURMXN, EURNOK, EURNZD, EURPLN, EURRUB, EURSEK, EURSGD, EURTRY, EURZAR, GBPAUD, GBPCAD, GBPCHF, GBPCZK, GBPDKK, GBPHKD, GBPHUF, GBPJPY, GBPMXN, GBPNOK, GBPNZD, GBPPLN, GBPSEK, GBPSGD, GBPTRY, GBPZAR, HKDJPY, NOKJPY, NOKSEK, NZDCAD, NZDCHF, NZDJPY, NZDSGD, SGDJPY, USDCNH, USDCZK, USDDKK, USDHKD, USDHUF, USDMXN, USDNOK, USDPLN, USDRUB, USDSEK, USDSGD, USDTRY, USDZAR
2.2 Spot Metals CFDs
2.3 Index CFDs (note 1)
[ASX200], [CAC40], [DAX30], [DJI30], [FTSE100], [JP225], [NQ100], [SP500], [STOXX50], [IBEX35], [SMI20], [HSI50]
2.4 Stock CFDs
#AA, #BA, #BAC, #CAT, #CSCO, #AXP, #CVX, #DD, #FB, #DIS, #GE, #HD, #HPQ, #IBM, #INTC, #JNJ, #JPM, #KO, #MCD, #MMM, #MRK, #MSFT, #PFE, #PG, #T, #TRV, #UTX, #VZ, #WMT, #XOM, #AAPL, #CSCO, #FB, #GOOG, #INTC, #MSFT
2.5 Energy CFDs
Admiral Markets strongly advise that you make yourself familiar with the new contract specifications available on their website or try a demo account before trading live with any of the new instrument and conditions.
3. Trading Terms on Admiral.Markets Accounts
Improved margin requirements:
- currency pairs pairs a leverage ratio of 1:500 available by default on accounts with the balance up to £12 000 (note 2);
- CFDs on metals a leverage ratio of 1:100;
- margin rate for index CFD's as low as 1% of the contract's notional value;
- [DAX30] specifically: margin as low as 0.5% of the contract's notional value.
1. No-Commission on Forex and other popular markets (note 3); their compensation is already included in the spread they charge.
2. Deposit requirements as low as £150 or equivalent; that's all what's required to make your account technically enabled for trading.
3. Increased maximum trade size for currency pairs - up to 100 lots per transaction.
4. Increased minimum trade order size and minimum trade size increment on Spot Metals: GOLD contract (0.1 lots); SILVER contract (1.0 lots); they are now using a new, improved liquidity pool for both gold and silver spot CFD's, which means deeper liquidity and more accurate order fills.
4. Admiral.Prime Account - NEW
They are delighted to introduce a new account addition - Admiral.Prime is based on their proprietary ECN technology this account is specifically designed for institutions and experienced traders alike. Its primary target is to facilitate both high-volume and high frequency trades.
With Admiral.Prime they aim to improve your Forex trading experience through spreads as low as 0 pips, liquidity from the worlds biggest banks and enhanced transparency, since all operational costs are reflect in the commissions charged.
Every now and then you may experience a positive slippage which will allow you to trade with a better spread than initially displayed.
The minimum deposit required for this account is £1000 or equivalent. Please visit the 'Start Trading' section of their website to learn more about the Admiral.Prime account.
5. Admiral.Standard Account - DISCONTINUED
1. Admiral.Standard accounts will no longer be available to new clients. All the instruments previously available on Admiral.Standard are now available on Admiral.Markets trading account (note 4). Moreover, they believe that Instant Execution is out-dated and should no longer be offered to their valued clients. Hence, the lowered deposit on the Admiral.Markets account allowing you to benefit from the Market Execution at the same low rate previously offered on Admiral.Standard. Existing clients are welcome to switch to their new Admiral.Markets account by simply making an internal transfer.
2. Existing Admiral.Standard account holders are free to continue trading on their Admiral.Standard accounts as usual without any restrictions, except the instruments that are no longer available on Admiral.Standard account: SILVER, NZDJPY, CHFJPY, GBPCAD, AUDCAD, EURNZD, GBPNZD, EURPLN, AUDCHF, CADCHF, NZDCHF, USDHUF, USDTRY, EURTRY, and, additionally, CFDs on stocks, futures and indices (with an exception of [DAX30]). You can still continue holding your positions, however you will no longer be able to place new trades in the instruments listed above.
Please note, that although they strongly advise clients against Instant Execution accounts they are still able to offer them under special request and with the conditions described above. If you wish to learn more please contact your personal account manager.
6. 'Start Trading' - a New Section Available on their Website Giving You a Full Account Overview
They have improved their website significantly to help you start your journey into the exciting world of trading as quickly as possible:
1. The new comparison table 'Account Types' helps you understand the difference between the accounts offered by Admiral Markets.
2. 'Contract Specifications' page provides detailed information on all trading instruments; if you are new to Forex, you're likely to make a good use of the extensive hints they provided for all the terms that may be difficult to digest.
1. The new trading conditions are applied to all existing Admiral.Pro accounts (starting today referred to as Admiral.Markets).
2. Admiral.Markets demo is available on a brand new, high-speed server (AM-Demo2), so please be advised to open a new demo account for the Admiral.Markets account type in your Trader's Room. Existing Admiral.Pro Demo accounts will not be upgraded. You can connect to AM-Demo2 using one of the following options:
2.1 Download the updated version of the MetaTrader 4 Terminal from your Trader's Room, install and launch the program, choose 'AM-Demo2' in the Login menu and enter your demo account credentials.
2.2 Alternatively, paste the following DNS address in Tools / Options / Server menu (CTRL+O): acs25.admiralmarkets.com. Enter your demo account credentials and press 'OK'.