- June 2015 (4 items)
- May 2015 (6 items)
- April 2015 (7 items)
- March 2015 (13 items)
- February 2015 (6 items)
- January 2015 (19 items)
- December 2014 (12 items)
- November 2014 (13 items)
- October 2014 (12 items)
- September 2014 (9 items)
- August 2014 (5 items)
- July 2014 (4 items)
- June 2014 (8 items)
- May 2014 (8 items)
- April 2014 (6 items)
- March 2014 (19 items)
- February 2014 (14 items)
- January 2014 (12 items)
- December 2013 (7 items)
- November 2013 (10 items)
- October 2013 (12 items)
- September 2013 (4 items)
- August 2013 (6 items)
- July 2013 (7 items)
- June 2013 (7 items)
- May 2013 (13 items)
- April 2013 (15 items)
- March 2013 (16 items)
- February 2013 (9 items)
Forex Broker News
You can find and read the latest news and press releases from all of our partner brokers here.
Wednesday 12th of February 2014
As a result of the recent MetaTrader 4 (MT4) Build 604 upgrade implemented by MetaQuotes, the folders within the MT4 folder have moved. In addition, the MQL4 language has changed, and this may have interfered with your installed Expert Advisors (EAs) and indicators.
In the new MQL4 version all MQL4 applications should be located in the appropriate folders of <data_folder>\MQL4\ directory.
You can find the data folder (<data_folder>) for each copy of MetaTrader 4 terminal on your computer via the terminal menu or in MetaEditor: File - Open Data Folder.
Below are the steps on how to upload an EA after the platform is updated:
- Select File from the MT4 platform, click Open Data Folder
- In the dialog window, click MQL4 folder then Experts Folder
- Paste your EA in Experts Folder
- All old EX4 will work in the new MetaTrader 4 terminal. EX4 libraries compiled by the new compiler can be called only from the EX4 programs that have also been compiled in the new version.
In some cases, you may need to edit the path in #property include for included files (if relative paths have changed) in the source files. Please note that MetaEditor's root directory is now <data_folder>\MQL4\. All programs should be located in the correct subdirectories
In order to check the EA's compatibility please follow the below steps:
- Select Tools → MetaQuotes Language Editor
- Select View → Navigator (if not displayed already)
- Select and double-click on the desired EA script
- Click on Compile
- If any errors are displayed, please contact your EA provider.
Should you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.